• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need pinout diagram on oil pressure sensor for 2001 4.0L

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Ideally if someone has a connector pinout diagram, that would be great. Anyobody know the colors of the wires on the 2001 XJ oil pressure sensor?

I need to know what wire does what. The pigtail I got has an orange, a brown with blue tracer, and a black with blue tracer. These may or may not match the colors in the OEM harness. I am not using this on a vehicle, I am using it to measure air pressure so I can't just look at the vehicle.

My '99 FSM doesn't seem to match what you have...

1 - OR - 5V supply
2 - GY/YL - Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Signal
3 - BR/YL - Sensor Ground

Not sure if that helps or not, figured maybe the pins might match up even if the colors don't.

My '99 FSM doesn't seem to match what you have...

1 - OR - 5V supply
2 - GY/YL - Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Signal
3 - BR/YL - Sensor Ground

Not sure if that helps or not, figured maybe the pins might match up even if the colors don't.

Thanks. I guess orange is pin one on both so that must be pin 1. Pin 3 has brown as the base color so that must be a match. I just hate to blow up a sensor by hooking it up wrong.

According to the 2001 FSM:
1: 5V supply, VT/OR
2: Signal to PCM, GY/YL
3: Sensor ground, BR/YL

If you are holding the connector with the socket facing you and the latch up, pin #1 would be in the right.

Thanks. After visiting one of those sites you can't post a link to here, I found the same info, but it is good to double check. The sensor cost me $13 and the pigtail cost $27, but it is still cheaper than the scientific ones that run $250

Back