• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

black hood

little red cheroke

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking for a picture of a newer body style XJ (97+?), preferably red w/ a black hood. I have an idea for a design I want to paint on the hood of my XJ but I think it'd look better with a black hood. My XJ is pretty scratched up as well so it's about time to throw a coat of paint on the hood and possibly the rest of the body. But for now I just want to try the hood out but I'd like to see what the two tone looks like before I do it. Any help would be appreciated!

What help, specifically, are you looking for? Do you have any automotive painting experience?

I was looking for a picture of a newer body style XJ (97+?), preferably red w/ a black hood. I have an idea for a design I want to paint on the hood of my XJ but I think it'd look better with a black hood. My XJ is pretty scratched up as well so it's about time to throw a coat of paint on the hood and possibly the rest of the body. But for now I just want to try the hood out but I'd like to see what the two tone looks like before I do it. Any help would be appreciated!

Well, if you want another option think about vinyl. I went that route and have had it on for about 2 years with no fading, peeling or lifting. Best thing is, you can remove it easily instead of stripping the paint if you want to change up. Get ahold of chris on here he goes by "achmed". He makes the kits. Here is a pic:

blackhood.jpg

Yeah, achmed's decal kit is probably the best option.

I knew I didn't need to go back so I scuffed mine up (in the same areas pictured above) and through on some bedliner. No before/after pics.

Back