• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

small lift for now?

imm/ou812

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, new to this site. I tried the search engine but didn't find what I'm looking for.
I've got a 96' XJ untouched and just want to go on mild trails and have a good ride both on street and desert.
I'm looking at JKS's adjustable spring pads and Bilstein shocks up front, and their adjustable rear hangers and maybe some Atlas springs for a cush ride and a total lift somewhere around 2-3".
I'd like to hear from guys that have done this or something close to this. I'm thinking of 31x10.5 tires. All positive comments or at least comments that help me make good choices towards what I'm looking to do are welcome.
I'm taking my wife and 20 month old 4x4'n so nothing to crazy for us for now...
Thanks guys!!
Brian Hafliger
IMM Engine & Dyno

Not too bad for the $$$, but I wonder if the street ride is a bit rough...? Anyone run this kit on the street and desert and if so how did you like it?
Thanks for the link, I guess I don't want to trim the fenders even though it's just a beater...

Well, you can trim fenders and relocate your flares. Will give it a clean look and clearance. Even if you do/don't bumpstops are key.
With good/awesome shocks the RC shouldn't be an issue.
OME is real good. Really depends on how much $$ you can afford to put in it.
The OME kit is good, considering to includes shocks as well.

Not too bad for the $$$, but I wonder if the street ride is a bit rough...? Anyone run this kit on the street and desert and if so how did you like it?
Thanks for the link, I guess I don't want to trim the fenders even though it's just a beater...

If you care about how it rides on the street you should have bought a yota and not a Jeep. lol.

We don't wave because we're happy, we look like we're waving because we're actually calling out in pain.

Seriously though RC isn't that much worse than stock, however I have no idea how it would fair in the desert. Not much desert where I am, just a ton of trees and trails that even the Jeep can barely fit through so speed has never been an issue for me.

Back