• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What else do I need for my lift?

gloriavoxdei

NAXJA Forum User
A friend of mine just offered me a pair of 3.5" RE coils, stock leaf with a 3.5" RE AAL and the shocks for all 4 corners. I know I'll need some sort of sway bar link extension or disconnects and to relocate the trackbar but is there anything else I'm forgetting? Do I have to have the lower arms or can I add those later?

Last edited:
You can do them later.
Extended brake lines might be nice, but you can re locate the existing line
May have to shim the rear/ t-case drop, what year XJ?

You will also need new u-bolts, they arent supposed to be re-used

BTW, start hosing everything down with penetrating lube now, especially the leaf main eye bolts

drop for the t case (about $10 and worth of hardware store metal and bolts)

you will want to relocate the axle side trackbar hole

and move your hard break lines down a couple inches

the sway bar links will be fine

Last edited:
personally, i would add:
- new lower control arms
- extended brake lines
- sway bar disconnects
- adjustable track bar
- transfer case drop

personally, im not a fan of relocating the track bar. and the stock one is a liability with any mild wheeling. as far as the control arms go... the stock ones suffice, but the problem comes with flexing. they tend to hit on the control arm mounts (axle side) when the axle droop. most aftermarket control arms are offset to avoid this, but that doesnt mean they are any longer. my RE arms that came with my 4.5" SF kit are only 0.5" longer than stock.

Back