• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

any of ya done a fullsize 8.8 swap

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
looking at the full size 8.8 for a swap.
think the wms is 69". its 31 spline and disc brake and super thick tubes and cheap to get ahold of. seeing it anyone is using one?

i know the downside is the C-clip, but looking at whether the eliminator kit fromt he explorer ones would work on the full size.....

thanks

I know of one XJ equipped with the full-size 8.8 with c-clip eliminator conversion and a T/A differential cover with 4.10 gears and spool. He mentioned that he had to purchase custom axles (33 spline) from Moser and the c-clip eliminators leaked. That's the extent of my limited experience with them.

i thought he meant he HAD to go to the 33 spline for the C-clip eliminator

well will be doing HP44 front, just looking at rear option. the 9" is always an option but the FW8.8 is already disc and super tough as it is. plus easy for me to get ahold of

What is the bolt pattern for the FW 8.8? I think it is something other than 5 by 4.5, don't know what though.
It seems like a darn good option for a swap & C clips aren't a problem unless you plan on breaking a shaft (which, I guess, a lot of guys do)

ford 5x5.5 i believe for BP.

i havent ever really had a problem with rear shaft breakage, usually just fronts. but if i could ditch the c-clip i would.

i thought he meant he HAD to go to the 33 spline for the C-clip eliminator

well will be doing HP44 front, just looking at rear option. the 9" is always an option but the FW8.8 is already disc and super tough as it is. plus easy for me to get ahold of

i got the hp44 9" setup in mine and its only about 66" wide wms to wms. The 9" is stupid cheap to build and get aftermarket parts for. plus the drop out 3rd member is so nice

Back