• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherry Bomb Vortex or Dynomax Super Turbo?

makemusic116

NAXJA Forum User
I am at a crossroads on which exhaust to go with. I want good deep tone with a in the middle sound nothing overly loud. Anyone who has had either of these please chime in!

I have had the Dynomax for almost 3 years now and it is not real loud. It has a good low tone in the lower rpm range but anywhere from mid to high rpm you can not hear it at all inside.

I have had the Dynomax for almost 3 years now and it is not real loud. It has a good low tone in the lower rpm range but anywhere from mid to high rpm you can not hear it at all inside.

I totally agree with this... one thing I found that really livened it up was to cut off the rear section of the exhaust and weld the Dynomax muffler directly behind the cat followed by a turn down... gave it a better tone...

Magnaflow 4x9.. length of your choice + turndown.
Got my 14" 4x9 maggy for under 50$ shipped from amazon.

Thrush welded. 30 bucks and sounds Badass! Except when your exhaust rattles off the shackle bolt! :D

^That's why I didn't weld my muffler-back portion onto my new muffler. If you bend the last hanger slightly and twist the back section in the muffler slightly, you can get the clearance without re-bending the pipe. I even clear my RC drop shackles.

Back