• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door locks gremlin

unclethumbtack

NAXJA Forum User
2000 classic dd 4.0/aw4/231. I have an issue that seems to be getting worse, my automatic door locks have a mind of their own, locking the doors. I have tried swapping the key fobs.thinking maybe it was the battery getting low. It randomly does it, I cannot recreate it. Can a paying member and xj lover get some help?

The Remote Keyless Entry module is in the Dome light assembly. The signal from your key fob is received there, and the RKE module is wired to the passenger door module which is wired to all the door lock motors. Lots of wiring and connections going on here. So, an intermittent problem like yours can be very hard to find. I would start with a close inspection of the connections at the RKE module and the connections at the passenger door module, looking for poor connections, corrosion, etc.

The Remote Keyless Entry module is in the Dome light assembly. The signal from your key fob is received there, and the RKE module is wired to the passenger door module which is wired to all the door lock motors. Lots of wiring and connections going on here. So, an intermittent problem like yours can be very hard to find. I would start with a close inspection of the connections at the RKE module and the connections at the passenger door module, looking for poor connections, corrosion, etc.

Thank you for responding. I will start some trial and error.

Back