• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ interior lights flashing?

baugherb

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 XJ Classic and today when I left work my dome lights started flashing. Any ideas on what could be wrong or where to start? Door switches. The drivers side switch when pushed in with the lights on shuts off the buzzer when pushed in.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I picked a new door switch from Autozone for 6 bucs. It seemed to do the trick. I don't actually think the switch was bad, but it was rusted enough it wasn't making contact to ground to the body.. Thank you for your help Gradon....

Is there an alarm on your vehicle. My lights flash consistently with my alarm that was malfunctioning. The alarm was installed improperly by PO.

Maybe you have a short I know that the alarms are tied directly into you lighting.

No alarm... This is driving me nuts. I wonder is the switch from Autozone went bad or was faulty? It was fine for a day..

Back