• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will new style 231 tailshaft fit old style 231

hondadave

NAXJA Forum User
will the 95+ shorter 231 t-case fit my 92 with the longer tailshaft? im looking into making a junkyard sye and just wondering if it would solve my seal problems. thanks

Are you asking if a 95 t-case will bolt into your 92? Yes, it will. The mainshaft and tail cone will also bolt into your older case.

so the actual splined output shaft is different? (i know theyre all 27 spline) or is it just the tail cone? basically i want to know if i can go to the junkyard and get just the tailcone off of a 95+ 231 and put it on my 92 231 to avoid having to buy the ironrock or re seal. if i have to take mine apart to swap output shafts im probably better off buying the seal thanks for your help

Actually you would be best of to buy a HD SYE.If your interested,I have a 2000 tailcone and drilled tailshaft(it was not shortened though).Its off my 2000 at about 1000 miles!

Back