• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

? Front and Back bolt sizes for leaf springs

jackate

NAXJA Forum User
1999 xj, 4.0

I am planning to change out my sagging leaf springs, I have been doing my research, but I have not been able to find a thread with the exact size bolts that go through the bushing into the frame, front and back? I like to have them in advance before starting the job.

Does anyone know the sizes or where to buy them?

Also I been spraying them with PB blaster and plan on heating them with a torch to get them out.

Where do I heat when I can only see the head of the bolt, and the rest is hidden in the frame, it also hard to get pb blaster on the ends of the bolts because in some spots there is no access like in the back by the shackle.

LCA bolts ftw. Easy to pull, almost never rusted in, and cheap to free at the yard...

I just double checked my catalog (94-96, not checking the other years) and the XJ LCA and leaf eye + shackle bolts are all exactly the same part number. As has already been mentioned the WJ LCA bolts also work (and are usually in great shape) and ZJ/TJ bolts may or may not work since they use a cam bolt adjuster on the front LCAs. The ZJ I put new rear LCAs in had some very familiar looking bolts but I'm not sure if they are the same length.

Back