• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS SBS & ARB BUMPER HELP

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently installing the JKS SBS System on my 2000 XJ. I was wondering if anyone has done this with an ARB Bumper. I will do a wright up on it just incase know has. The ARB is a tight fit on the unibody but there is some play. My ? is will the ARB fit around the JKS SBS System. I have searched the enternet and NAXJA and so far have not found anyone that has done this yet. My gues is I will need to use a sledge on the ARB brackets. So far I have sanded down the unibody, drilled the steering box holes to 5/8" and applied Duplicolor Weld Through primer to the brackets and unibody. Tommorow is welding time and paint and Tuesday will be reasembly.

Why I thought you could weld through that stuff. Does it cause probelms when welding?

it might work ok with hi-amp arc welding on structural steal, but not so well on thin steel mig welding... it spits too much for me...

Ok thanks I have never used it so I will take it off the brackets in the area that I weld. Good thing I antisipated that and masked off the areas on the unibody were I need to plug weld. So I just need to do the brackets.

try it on a peice of scrap, maybe you'll get differant results... but every internet debate ive read on the subject came to the same conclusion as my experience.

Ok thanks for the advice you saved me a lot of work.

Back