• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HI-TECH motors

90 waggy

NAXJA Forum User
I recently purchased an 87 wagoneer 4.0 auto from lake tahoe, CA i was told. i was also told it had a rebuilt/reman motor from hi tech engines out of spokane WA. i tried to do a little research on this company with no luck. i am looking for some insight into the quality of work they do and if any fellow XJer's have had good/bad luck with this company or any of its products. the motor was said to have about 20-30k on it and it runs perfectly. great oil pressure and no noise....which was odd to me. i know for a fact this motor is a reman from hi tech since the sticker is right behind alternator with all the information. it also doesnt leak any fluids....yet. so any help would be much appreciated! thank you in advance and have fun out there!

its also rust free and was driven cross country to get here.....major selling point for me atleast. along with the d44. no more d35 humming!!

179844_196183563743237_100000547841809_672374_7544763_n.jpg
old jeep :(
184859_196347053726888_100000547841809_673319_6227411_n.jpg
new jeep ;)

Last edited:
I think you are looking for Motor Works http://www.motorworksengines.com/index.php . I bought one of their 4.5 Stroker motor and could not be happier. It was $2600 to my door for a long block including the core return. All my paper work is from Motor Works but there is a tag on the block near the alternator with Hi-Tech Engines and a serial number. I have about 40k on it now and it still runs great. I use it a DD, Rock Crawler loaded with all the wife’s camping gear, and to tow my 3500 lbs tent trailer.

positive feedback....thank you. like i said it runs just great. just wanted to know if anybody has had any trouble. i am gonna build a stroker with the motor out of the black one. just wanted to know if i have enough time to do it right.

I purchased a Hi-Tech rebuild that already had some miles on it. I pulled it apart and inspected, didn't see anything that scared me. I sold the engine without ever running it however.

Back