• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with my wipers

Cerober1

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so when ever I turn my wipers on delay they come on for a few swipes then completely shut off. I have to turn them off completely and turn them back on to start them back up. Also when the wipers are on full blast they work for probably 10 min then start to jerk erratically and shut off. Any ideas on what's going would be great. oh also any tips on replacing the rear washer line. When I push the washer it sprays under my passenger side.
I drive a 93 xj country 4.0 automatic fourdoor

I would check the wiper delay box, its up under the dash, right above your knee. Its a black box probably 3"x3" with a connector on each side. Unplug them, remove the box, the plug the 2 connectors into each other. The delay funciton will be gon, but the HI/LOW wiper will still work. Clean up the contacts, make sure they are not full of gunk.

The rear wipers run from the washer bottle under the hood, thru the firewall then along the door sills under the plastic trim. I'm not sure which side it will be on a 93, my 91 is on the drivers side, my 95 is on the passenger side. You'll have to remove most of the plastic trim panels to get at the line. Its not gonna be fun.

Back