• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Squeaking when turning wheel

Keekleberrys

NAXJA Forum User
Happens while moving and while standing still. Doesn't matter whether the jeep is on or off i hear a creaking or squeaking sound. Did a search everything i found pointed to ujoint or ball joint but would it still do this even with the jeep is stationary and off?

lubed tie rod ends and made sure the steering box bolts were tight. Other than that I dont know what else to do.

sometimes the bushing for the steering column can make noise. lube it up where it goes through the firewall.

ended up being a dirty heim joint on my track bar. which ironically is the first thing i checked but only checked for tightness. apparently a bunch of gunk got into the joint. I sprayed it down real quick with some brake cleaner and the squeaking stopped immediately. it was more of a creaking or ground as the suspension shifted every time you turned the wheel.

glad i figured it out, it was driving me nuts.

Back