• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 carrier break

Mitchen

NAXJA Forum User
i searched and found that the carrier break for a dana 30 is 3.54 and down and 3.73 and up.

i have 3.55 gears right now. 30/c8.25

im planning on regearing within the next summer and can get a trashed LP 30 axle with CV shafts and 3.73's out of a ZJ

will the carrier from that axle go into my LP 30 that came out of a 2000 xj that had ABS?

and will a carrier from a LP axle go into a HP housing
just wanted to get some answers from someone with experience

Thanks,
Mitch

To answer your question.. YES it will fit. But why the heck are you gonna regear a LP D-30? With the amount of HP 30's that are out there. Why not just find one of those with a 3:73 carrier and re gear that one, swap it in?

well i am planning on getting a HP 30 but if the carriers are interchangeable between HP and LP housings i was going to regear then swap everything to a new housing later.

thinking about it, it would probably be easier to just start with a HP 30 ha. are LP/HP carriers interchangeable?

all stock 30 shafts are 27 spline so i could put my ABS shafts from my LP 30 in a HP?

its an 88 and PO had thrown a LP in there i knew i was going to have to replace it when i bought it

thanks!

the carrier's and axle shafts are interchangeable but the gears arn't

Back