• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Show me your front winch bumpers!!

BIG98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
front bumper is next on my list, seen lots of different ones in catologes, but I wanna see what they look like on a XJ! Anybody..??

Trail Ready sells a real nice looking bumper, they're costly, and they don't hold up for sh!t, I've bent mine several times, they're weak, the welds look like Beezil's mom did the welding and I would have to recomend something different.

don't have any pics on this computer tho.

yeh I like the way they look but definatley not the price!

Here's a prototype of C-ROK's bumper. The production one eliminates the gap between the bumper and grille and sets the receiver back farther. I'm having it custom made without the receiver and cut-out logos, and with two 1/2" tabs welded on. You can mount a winch on top.
Bumper_Mount_1.1.JPG

Bumper5.1.JPG

Bumper7.1.JPG

Bumper6.1.JPG

Here's a shot of mine...best pic I have to see the bumper. I'm not a fan of front receivers for a winch, I've seen guys have to remove their winch for approach to a fall, then put the winch back in after they got pointed up the fall so they could winch up it. I've also seen someone roll and their receiver mount winch that was on the floor inside the Jeep hit them inj the head. Just mount the winch on the bumper where it belongs.

Sorry for the big pic, but you can see the bumper better. Good luck on your project.

orig.jpg

Here's a couple pics.

My old bumper, basically Jeff Ayers design:

jb1.jpg

Second gen. bumper:

urbumper2.jpg

Last edited:
I got mine from Custom 4x4. I'm pretty happy with the way the winch carrier ties the unibody together up front, like the C-ROK above, but the outer shell is really thin, and dosen't make for a very sturdy jacking point, nor does it hold up well to inadvertent tree contact. pics are at www.hillview.rockcrawler.com

Back