• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spicer U-joint grease zerks

blubullett

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of rebuilding my front driveshaft with new spicer 5-153x joints and wanted to replace my grease zerks with the low profile needle point fittings. The problem is I can''t find them anywhere. Napa doesn't even have them in thier catalog, Vatozone looks at me like I am speaking Chinese, O'Rielys didn't have any grease fittings in stock, and both Lowes and Home Depot only had the normal ones in stock. I am now stuck ordering them online but I don't know what size the threads are. Anyone know the thread size I need is? Thank you for your help.

Do you guys have a Fastenal up there in Motown? Last week I stumbled across the low profile zerks at the local Fastenal here in Merced. Can't help you on the thread size though.

We have at least four within 6 or 7 miles. And I have to go get parts for work tomorrow morning across the street from one. I didn't even think about them. Thanks.

My mom lives down in Merced and used to be the director of the Courthouse Museum. I'll keep a look out for your rig whenever I'm down there.

We have at least four within 6 or 7 miles. And I have to go get parts for work tomorrow morning across the street from one. I didn't even think about them. Thanks.

My mom lives down in Merced and used to be the director of the Courthouse Museum. I'll keep a look out for your rig whenever I'm down there.

Cool, hope you find some there that work for you. If so, post up the part number, thread, etc.

I actually should be moving up your way in the next couple months. Working on buying a place in Turlock. I'll still be working in Merced though...

Now is the time to buy if you can. And Turlock to Merced wouldn't be a bad drive.

The thread size for the fittings is 1/4-28 and the part number I came up with is 10595K14. For anyone who needs them.

Now is the time to buy if you can. And Turlock to Merced wouldn't be a bad drive.

The thread size for the fittings is 1/4-28 and the part number I came up with is 10595K14. For anyone who needs them.

I'm a day late to the party, but that is the correct size--

For future searchers: beware, that if you don't use Spicer joints, there's no telling what is in some of the cheapie Chinese joints.

Just wanted to add that the flush 10595K14 grease fittings from McMaster-Carr along with a Lincoln #5803 needle adapter for my grease gun worked great lubing the Spicer 5-153X u-joints. Thanks again.

Back