• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much $$ to polish a turdy?

Depends on which brand you go with, where you get your stuff, New/used, shafts?

You can spend as much as you want to.

Gear install in the front is at least $300 if done at a shop, or a case of beer if a friend does it.

Lets see; e-locker- $700+, alloys- about $400, WJ knuckles/brakes about $300 at the JY, a proper truss installed- $400+. gears installed- about $450+. If you could do the work yourself it would be significantly cheaper. If it were me I would skip the WJ parts.

a basic regear, with a lunchbox locker and an aftermarket diff cover is a Grand..

Another Grand for a truss, Inner sleeves, and WJ parts..

and then another grand for Selectable locker and alloys..

What is your intended use for this axle? If you are gonna be running 33" tires or smaller you could get away with modified stock axleshafts if you have a light foot. A Detroit locker would give you great strength for a couple hundred less than a selectable locker, an Aussie or Spartan locker would be cheaper still. The stock brakes are adequate for me with 33's and 4:56 gears. www.rawkhaussupply.com has Nitro gears and can supply all of the parts at a good price.

Housing=free
Detroit full Case Locker=400
Yukon Gears=200
Install kit=100
RCV's=800
Tube seals=50
RuffStuff cover=100
DIY 2x3x3/16 truss=nothing if you have the steel laying around!

Thats what I have in my turd

P1020210.jpg

Back