• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRUE flat fender style flares on xj?

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
i am wondering if anyone has ever seen a set of true flat fenders on an xj before? i want to make a set like the tj ones on my xj but not sure how they will look. they will follow the upper tube that runs along the hood.

here is a pic of my jeep

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

if you have seen any like this please post a link

Most people just make them out of tube and fill in the gaps with heavier gauge sheetmetal. I'm sure if you bought a TJ set you could mod them to fit yours.

Nice rig but I think you need a bigger stinger though. :)

Last edited:
I think it looks just fine how it is. I've never seen anything like that but I think it'd look funny.

But I have a question that I'm sure you've been asked 100 times... I probably don't even have to ask...

but WHY the hell did you make the effort to link the back and put leaves in the front!?

btw, I really like the comp cut and chop top. Got a link to your photo album?

Are you trying to have the flat fender even with the pipe at the top of the fender area or are you thinking a few inches lower, like level with the top of the inner wheel well. And then just put in a peice of sheet metal to fill the gap.

Pretty sick jeep man, leaf sprung front and linked in the back, I like it. How much bracing do you have in the hoop for the cage, I can only see the one going across and the one going front to back..

There is a link to my build with all pictures in my signature.

Yes I meant the fenders like the tj ones. I hadn't seen any and was just wondering how they look. I know how everyone else builds them but I was looking for a different style. My other thought was making baja looking fenders with tube and sheet metal

Back