• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj rear main leaf questions

Alboy97XJ

Nevada Raisins
NAXJA Member
So I was wheeling yesterday and broke my drive rear main leaf in half.... I towed it home and grabbed a spare off a buddy and put it in. Wheeled it after it was fixed and first waterfall I went up the Damn thing broke again.... before I put another main on is there some things I should look for that may cause it?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

what side?

how much lift, shackle length, etc?

pics of the broken leafs and your rig would help.

aefdff88-a301-a096.jpg

I have re 1451's. Driverside. I have lift shackles also don't remember what size.

I know it is no more then a 2 inch lift shackles, I have seen his set up, I just can't remember if he is running blocks. I don't think he is...

definitely seems that it could be an axle wrap problem. I would start with checking for causes of axle wrap and report back

Welded rear would be my first guess.... but its been welded for over a rear... no signs of axle moving in the leaf....

yea, sounds like you are getting some serious axle wrap.

either that or just 2 really bad leafs.

looks like a ladder (antiwrap) bar may be in your future :D

Why would it all of a sudden start with the axle wrap and break stuff? It's weird to me how I break a leaf and 5mins after new one is in it breaks again....

the second leaf you said was used, it may have been weakened from use, yours was weakened from your axle wrap (if thats what you have).

I would throw a new main leaf on their and see how it does. a ladder bar wouldn't hurt though.

Any ideas on a good anti wrap bar? I'll throw it on there tomorrow when I get home. And hope no more broken leafs.

It would help to see the assembled leaf pack but I would get two main leafs next time around, one to support the other & stiffen the pack up.

Back