• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A-pillar tweeter mounts

SpencerKemp

NAXJA Forum User
I saw a picture of a-pillar tweeter mounts once on here and cant seem to find them been looking who wants to help me out and give me ideas of where to look for them besides the search bar sick of that bs I have checked:badpc:

but would like help Thanks

This ?

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

yea, they mount on the door (havent seen any on the a pillar)

they were a factory option on my 97 sport anyway.

maybe search the pick n pulls? im not sure how rare they are because i have never really looked for em'

According to my 1999 "The Jeep Book" brochure, they were only available as part of the premium Infinity speaker system which was an option on all models. The SE came standard with the regular front door speakers, the Sport and above gained the sound bar. In order to get the crappy factory 100-watt amp and the separate door tweeters on any model, you had to upgrade to the Infinity speaker package. Other years may have been different...

According to my 1999 "The Jeep Book" brochure, they were only available as part of the premium Infinity speaker system which was an option on all models. The SE came standard with the regular front door speakers, the Sport and above gained the sound bar. In order to get the crappy factory 100-watt amp and the separate door tweeters on any model, you had to upgrade to the Infinity speaker package. Other years may have been different...

I know '98 Limited did NOT have the tweeters. As you said, option on all models.

I know '98 Limited did NOT have the tweeters. As you said, option on all models.

Did it have the infinity package?

I had a 2001 limited that just had the standard stereo, cloth seats and a 231 T case! Some people just like the look :wierd:

Unless you surface mount them, it's not gonna happen on the a-pillar. There's abseloutely no room behind the a-pillar trim. Barely stuffed in the 4 gauge power wire for the run to the amp in back. I mounted mine right above the speaker hole on the door. If you buy components, and want to flush mount them, be prepared to cut sheet metal behind the door panel. I have pics, I'll have to find them

My 2000 limited did not come with tweeters either.

Just do this,

Get some thin tweeter or like moose said, prepare to cut. My tweeters fit fine but when I put the spider clips on the panel and mounted it they come in contact with the inner door and push on the back of the tweeter mount. Hardly noticeable though.

My 2000 limited did not come with tweeters either.

Just do this,

Get some thin tweeter or like moose said, prepare to cut. My tweeters fit fine but when I put the spider clips on the panel and mounted it they come in contact with the inner door and push on the back of the tweeter mount. Hardly noticeable though.

Dude your sound system is crazy! Only the rear 2 speakers work in mine!

FYI - The factory plug for the tweeter exists on all models, infinity or not. I picked up a set of the factory tweeters for $15 on CL, but i haven't installed them yet. They should plug right in.

Did it have the infinity package?

I had a 2001 limited that just had the standard stereo, cloth seats and a 231 T case! Some people just like the look :wierd:

My '98 Limited did NOT have the infinity package. That an heated seats (did have leather) was the only option it didn't have. Had the 242 transfer case and all the other goodies. Wish I would have put more into her and kept it running. Ended up selling it.

Anyone know where I can get a set of these? I need them in agate/dark grey.

Back