• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winches

A friend of mine picked one up a few years ago.
He has never installed it. It's got the long cables for what ever it is they do.
It's in nice shape.
You looking for another?
Stukboy

I had an old Belleview that I recently traded even for a Warn XD9000. I found it on CL and thought by the description that it may be a 8274, after one glance i knew what I had and I got it for $50.

There is a limited market out there for these winches, mostly LR geeks and a few "old iron" guys will pick them up for a resto that they are doing. They are great winches with a much under-rated 8k. They do not have reverse-out, only free-wheel and a brake so descending is tricky.

I fully restored mine with all new bearings, remaned motor, and paint and clear coat.

Grainger sells the friction material for the brake, you just glue it on with Gorilla Glue, the bearings can be found at McMaster-Carr or MSC

The long cables are the actual remote controls! One is for the on/off switch, one for the brake and one for the free spool. The bell on the end of the motor is a sprag that keeps the motor from turning in reverse. If you have the cables/control panel that is a plus and you can add value to the winch if you sell it.

P1010858.jpg

P1010859.jpg

P1010860.jpg
P1010864.jpg

P1010867.jpg

I added a drain plug to mine for easier service, it takes 30wt oil.
P1010862.jpg

I forgot to add that it mounts to a front plate much like the 8274(I have the mounting face on the drum bell facing downward in the pic so it would not flop over!) I believe it shares the same mounting bolt pattern as the 8274. My recount of the history of this winch is that the "Belleview" is the first WARN winch. Warn bought the rights to the winch from The Belleview Winch Company in Washington State. The much beloved 8274 is based off of this winch in design with a few modern features such as reverse out and remote control, and solenoid packs to change voltage direction on the motor, etc.

i have thought about it but i don't use it that often maybe twice a year or so not because i don't get stuck just that there isn't that may hardcore trails around where i live so i don't want to spend the money on a new one and not use it that much.

i have thought about it but i don't use it that often maybe twice a year or so not because i don't get stuck just that there isn't that may hardcore trails around where i live so i don't want to spend the money on a new one and not use it that much.

Make a drive on down to Roanoke, we can find a trail to use that winch on:D

whats the trail called because we are trying to find some rougher trails to go on we have been up all the hard stuff around staunton, wayensboro and harrisonburg.

Back