• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help, want flares but PO did terrible hackin!

90xjblue

NAXJA Forum User
0226111744.jpg
Hi there, I am just looking for some input from fellow jeepers, I bought my 1990 xj about a month ago and put the lift and tires on it. I noticed on my last wheeling trip the rear fender cut one of my tires a little and I would like to figure out how to put flares on this terrible hack job the PO did to my fenders. I plan on getting 2" lift blocks to fix the cutting issue but what ideas could you guys give me on what to do for flares?

Im mostly worried about the rear, as you can see there is like no room between the door and the fender to put a flare.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
0226111744.jpg

I'd bumpstop it too... also it looks like the PO rednecked that thing pretty bad, get some 16ga and weld it between where the quarter panel and the fender well are separated. Looks like he just hacked the pinch seam out instead of doing the usual cut and fold so the two pieces of metal would actually stay together.

Just say NO to lift blocks! Don't use them. Get some extended shackles if you must go higher and don't want to purchase the correct springs. They'll even make the springs work better.

X2 on the correct bumpstopping.

Last edited:
Definitely bumpstops, and maybe some Flexy flares?

Back