• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

change in rear lift height

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i put the 8.8 rearend in my rig and now the rear seems to sit a little higher in the rear. im guessing that its because the 8.8 tubes are bigger than the d35 tubes. have any of u run into this problem before. i was planning on adding a shackle relocation bracket to get the proper shackle angle but ive heard that it lifts the rear about an inch and a half. as of right now i can probaly get it level being that i have and adjustable shackle and i can take it down a click. i have a rc 4.5 inch lift with add a leafs in the rear and adjustable shackles. i just want to get it back to level. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

If you use the relocation brackets to fix your angle, say from vertical to 45 degrees, you will only net about 1/2" or 3/4". If you use the brackets and keep the vertical angle, then yeah you will net 1.5".

My opinion? Get 3" springs, keep the RC shackles, and get the relocation brackets. You'll be able to dial in your rear suspension nicely.

i thought about that but my control arms are not adjustable so i dont want to add a spacer to get death wobble. not sure if it will or not.

i thought about that but my control arms are not adjustable so i dont want to add a spacer to get death wobble. not sure if it will or not.

ca angle shouldn't cause death wobble. Bad drivline angles and springs playing with bump stops may be a concern though.

Back