• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway Bar

001cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to figure out if anyone knows if a pre-97 Cherokee swaybar will bolt up to a 2001 Cherokee.

The guy I bought the Jeep from removed the sway bar completely off the front of the Jeep and I want to replace it.

Any help is great. Thanks

I am 99% sure it will. The axle end mounts are the same, that I know.

A lot of it depends (I think) on the size bar that you decide to replace it with. When looking for a replacement for mine, I had a heck of a time matching the proper bushing size with the correct bracket for the body side mount. there are 2 sets of mounting holes to accommodate different size brackets. My sway bar ended up being a 1 inch bar, so I just ordered some Daystar poly mounts from my local auto parts store and they work great. Any bar will work, and if it comes paired with a set of mounting brackets you should be good to go.

I always assumed they were the same, but we know how that goes. I do know the links on my 91 are shorter than the links on my 95 and 99 (which are equal).

Pretty sure it's 92-01 for the bars. Like ras said, just be sure to get the correct bushings and brackets. The oversized bushing goes - CLUNK. lol

Back