• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

With RE closed, where can I get rear leaf packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGoffroad

NAXJA Forum User
Well, BIGoffroad is still around and ready to take up the slack! :D

If you haven't checked out our website and looked over the photos of several customer rigs, please click on the link below and check us out!

I will take $50 off the next TWO orders for either 4" or 6" FlexE leaf packs placed by NAXJA red letter members or green letter supporters just to remind folks BIGoffroad is still around and makes the best leaf packs for the XJ in the country!

If you want to take advantage of this deal, PM BIGoffroad. Again, the first two orders received will get $50 off!

These are made in USA, forged by an American company using American steel.

Should anyone want to order direct from the website, click on the buy now link and send me your information - you won't pay at that time, I'll send you an e-mail invoice with the shipping cost and a link to pay once I've received your information.

PM or call if you need a shipping estimate quoted before ordering. (shipping generally runs between $80-$125 for a set.) 720-879-1399

To all of you that have purchased BIGoffroad leaf packs in the past...... THANK YOU!!!!! :thumbup:

Last edited:
I've been torturing a set of 6" leafs from BOR for around 8 years with the stroker and they are still as good as new. You can't go wrong.

Well, BIGoffroad is still around and ready to take up the slack! :D

If you haven't checked out our website and looked over the photos of several customer rigs, please click on the link below and check us out!

I will take $50 off the next TWO orders for either 4" or 6" FlexE leaf packs placed by NAXJA red letter members or green letter supporters just to remind folks BIGoffroad is still around and makes the best leaf packs for the XJ in the country!

If you want to take advantage of this deal, PM BIGoffroad. Again, the first two orders received will get $50 off!

These are made in USA, forged by an American company using American steel.

Should anyone want to order direct from the website, click on the buy now link and send me your information - you won't pay at that time, I'll send you an e-mail invoice with the shipping cost and a link to pay once I've received your information.

PM or call if you need a shipping estimate quoted before ordering. (shipping generally runs between $80-$125 for a set.) 720-879-1399

To all of you that have purchased BIGoffroad leaf packs in the past...... THANK YOU!!!!! :thumbup:

This needs to be quoted! :cheers: :patriot:

I can't tell from the pics on your site, but what is the difference between the 4" Flex-e packs and the HD packs? Both look identical on your site, but the pics are not very good. Is there more/less springs in one vs the other... individual spring thickness? I need new leafs, and am leaning more towards a 4.5" 7-9 leaf pack, sell me on the Big Offroad 4" packs... :D

Here is my trail-only XJ... I carry approx. 150lbs of tools and a 37" spare...have shackle reloc. boxes in the rear too.

XJFlex004.jpg

Hmm, I had never even heard of you guys before. Maybe you should do a bit more advertising that you sell leaf packs :)

Your 4" pack looks like a good replacement for my current RE 3.5" when the time comes. I'm not very impressed with the ride or flex of mine :(

Andy,

Thanks for including a photo of your rig in conjunction with your questions! Pics can really help a lot!

Your rig looks to be pretty light compared to a full bodied XJ. The added shackle relocation kit also is definitely something that needs to be considered.

When looking at the leaf pack product page, be sure to click on the "more details" link where I've put some better detailed descriptions of the differences between the FlexE leafs and the Heavy Duty leafs.

Heavy Duty:

"The Heavy Duty leaf packs are specifically designed to give a firmer ride with improved load handling capabilities over our competitors. These were designed with the dedicated off roader in mind. Great for the off roader who carries a substantial load (work tools/supplies, or expedition support gear/tools/spare parts/supplies) in the cargo area or tows heavier trailers frequently."

FlexE leafs:

"The FlexE leaf packs are specifically designed to give a softer ride with improved suspension articulation over our competitors. These were designed with the dedicated off roader in mind. Great for a daily driver rig and the off roader who carries a minimal load in the cargo area or only tows very light trailers."

Andy, for your rig, I'd definitely recommend the 4" FlexE leaf packs. You'll be very happy with the ride and response of these leaf packs and the BIGoffroad leaf packs have our 3/4 anti-wrap leaf included which provides additional off-road support for steep climbs and other circumstances where leaf packs will experience wrapping from torque load.

Plus, you'd be supporting American industry, small business, and a Naxja member/vendor! :thumbup:

Thanks for the info, I was thinking that the Flex-E packs would work better for me.

I had checked the "more details" tab, but it didn't explain the actual differences in the leafs. Physically they "look" the same, but I am curious what actually makes them different. My last set of leafs were a BOR 6" pack, and I managed to get a consistent 9" out of them, even after 2 years of hard wheeling in a full bodied rig (before the back was cut off), and carrying WAY more than I carry now. That was at least 5 years ago now, but I went through quite a few changes to my BOR packs to settle them down a bit. What you see in the pic above is a bastard pack using the main leaf and a few of the smaller leafs from my original BOR 6" pack.

Yeah, unfortunately, there's no real specific way to narrow down the actual amount of lift each rig will end up with - it's just too subjective, too many variables. Several folks have found they got quite a bit more lift than expected with the 6" leaf packs. The thing is, when sitting a stock leaf pack on the ground sitting on the spring eyes, arc up, then setting the lifted leaf pack next to it, the measurement is the distance between the spring seat surface of the stock pack to the spring seat surface of the lift pack. The variables come in when you can't easily say if your stock set is still close to new/original ride height. Some will see more than 6" of distance..... because the stock pack is sagged out.

Axle tube diameter, shackle length and angle and vehicle sprung weight will also play into this when looking at overall lift obtained after install.

Eventually I would like to replace my RE packs, or at least part of them. Do you sell main leaves only? Or at least the top two leaves (main+millitary wrap leaf).

do the HD packs simply have an extra leaf in them compared to the flex-e leafs?

and do the 6" leafs have another leaf or 2 over the 4" leafs or just more arch built in?

like andy, im looking for a 4.5" lift or so with 7+ leafs. so can you say how many leafs are in each pack?

Another "PLUG" for BOR leafs. I have had the 4" Flex-Es for fours years now and they are great! I load the crap out of my XJ when I go camping and they have not sagged a bit. I have even wheeled several times loaded with tons of gear and tools, extra gas, etc. They Flex well and hold up to loads!

Eventually I would like to replace my RE packs, or at least part of them. Do you sell main leaves only? Or at least the top two leaves (main+millitary wrap leaf).

Nope, sorry - separate leaves are not an option. It'd be real difficult to maintain customer satisfaction and product integrity if we did this. Determining lift height would be a nightmare....

do the HD packs simply have an extra leaf in them compared to the flex-e leafs?

and do the 6" leafs have another leaf or 2 over the 4" leafs or just more arch built in?

like andy, im looking for a 4.5" lift or so with 7+ leafs. so can you say how many leafs are in each pack?

All of our leaf packs are 6 leaf packs, not including the anti-wrap 3/4 leaf. The leaf packs are arched for the lift, not stacked with leaves to build lift.

The Heavy Duty leaf packs are built to different spring rate and load capacity - essentially the leafs are thicker.

Another "PLUG" for BOR leafs. I have had the 4" Flex-Es for fours years now and they are great! I load the crap out of my XJ when I go camping and they have not sagged a bit. I have even wheeled several times loaded with tons of gear and tools, extra gas, etc. They Flex well and hold up to loads!

Thanks for the good review! :thumbup:

Last edited:
All of our leaf packs are 6 leaf packs, not including the anti-wrap 3/4 leaf. The leaf packs are arched for the lift, not stacked with leaves to build lift.

The Heavy Duty leaf packs are built to different spring rate and load capacity - essentially the leafs are thicker.

thanks for the info. i may pick your brain a bit more in the coming weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back