• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mod bug

sleestack

NAXJA Forum User
I have the mod bug recently. I'm a dental school student with no time on my hands but I have a week off, so I have a dynomax exhast (because the stock exhaust is rusted thru and hanging on a cloths hanger)and K&N intake system I'm putting on tomorrow plus a nice rear seat bmw headrest project I hope to finish.

I just got a ford taurus fan but I dont think Im going to do the conversion till the next break, too much studying to do.

It'll sound different...

and you'll probably THINK you feel more power but it's all in your head. It's kinda like how I feel like my engine is running better just after I change my oil. :)

I did the install today and I was surpised, it fels more punchy, I sometimes make a right when I leave my block and I could chirp the tire for a few feet. I tried it today and it was going about about 1/3 of a block. on a side note I got an instant CEL when I turned it on with the new exhaust. O2 sensor is acting up, but I figured it was going bad a while back due to bad milage.

So, you're saying that your exhaust gave you enough increased power to do a burn out for 1/3 of a block?

Alrighty. You must have installed one of those nifty chips at the same time!

I just fab'ed up a vacuum cleaner off of my muffler. Works great.

Next I plan on cutting a hole and contouring some piping to a leave blower. Leaf blower power when WOT, regular intake any other time.

Back