• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushwacker Flat Style Fender Flares

Shocker

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any experience with these? How do you like them? Is the install easy? Happy with the way they look?

XJflares.jpg

I've heard they use the factory holes, so you don't gain much as far as wheel clearance. They dont work if you've trimmed.

Ran them for about two weeks before they tore off. Cannot recommend any of Bushwacker's products because they are overpriced and very poorly (i.e. weak) mounted from my experience. I had to use 1/2" bolts and washers to keep them from getting torn off every time they hit a branch. Stock flare relocation works a lot better and they can be easily re-installed. But you may love them. So what do I know.

I ordered a set of the flares and got them installed. Every XJ board people have asked about installing them on an XJ that has already been trimmed. Yes they can be modified very easy to make fit. Line them up and drill a few holes. No different then stock flare relocation
The fender opening on the front opened about another inch or so.
002-6.jpg

001-5.jpg

005-4.jpg

008-2.jpg

003-6.jpg

010-3.jpg

011-2.jpg

I really like them, they work well for me but then I dont go rubbing the XJ up against trees ;)

35's with 5" lift

IMG_3624.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Does anyone know if you can run 33x12.5x15's on a 15x8 inch rim with 3.5 inch backspacing without having the tread past these fender flares? I'm wanting to buy these flares with ion 174's. Utah Regulations won't allow the tire tread to stick out past the flare.

Does anyone know if you can run 33x12.5x15's on a 15x8 inch rim with 3.5 inch backspacing without having the tread past these fender flares? I'm wanting to buy these flares with ion 174's. Utah Regulations won't allow the tire tread to stick out past the flare.

A mate of mine runs 35x12.5x15 on 15x8" rims with 4" backspacing and they are pretty much at the edge of the flare, any wider and I don't think they'd cover.

Cheers
Steve

How much farther out do these stick than the stock flares? Would they look mega goofy if you didn't have wheels with less backspacing and/or wider tires? I have a set of 17" moabs with adapters and some 265/70/17's (31.5x11ish) and they are perfectly flush with the outside of the stock flares.

Back