• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

locker in the front?

korn9613

NAXJA Forum User
i need some opinions here. i used to have a trac lock in my front dana 44. the 44 is an early bronco front end. i used to break axle joints contantly, so i took the locker out and have had no problems since. i miss having a locker up there. peoplesuggested going to the bigger joint which i couldn't see how that was possible, the 297's barely pass through the knuckle as it is. what should i do here? do the bigger joints really make the difference, or do i need to step up to a different front end that runs even bigger joints yet? selectable locker would be nice too. anyone know much about the rcv joints?your input is greatly appreciated.

Selectable locker.

The only feasible joint option is to go with the bombproof CTM's or something...but I wouldn't do that. The problem would still be there, but the breakage would likely move to the shafts or R&P.

i've never ran them, but i like the rcv shafts. you can't go wrong with a lifetime warranty. plus you'd have the shafts you are running now as spares, just in case

i need some opinions here. i used to have a trac lock in my front dana 44. the 44 is an early bronco front end. i used to break axle joints contantly, so i took the locker out and have had no problems since. i miss having a locker up there. peoplesuggested going to the bigger joint which i couldn't see how that was possible, the 297's barely pass through the knuckle as it is. what should i do here? do the bigger joints really make the difference, or do i need to step up to a different front end that runs even bigger joints yet? selectable locker would be nice too. anyone know much about the rcv joints?your input is greatly appreciated.
A trac-lok isnt a locker so Im curious how/why you were breaking u-joints?

Back