• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driver Floor Pan Replacment

scott00tj

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone had a shop replace the floor pan? Mine needs it and I would like to know about what a decent price would be. I cannot do the work myself so that's out.

Has anyone had a shop replace the floor pan? Mine needs it and I would like to know about what a decent price would be. I cannot do the work myself so that's out.

Why can't you do it yourself?

I replaced mine in the driveway with very basic tools .... angle grinder, basic socket set, hammer, screwdrivers, sheet metal from Home Depot, some roofing tar, and a small can of POR-15. Took about 10 hours of work all in.

My guess is a fab shop would charge at least $500.

If there is some overlap in the sheetmetal, a good bead of quality body-panel adhesive will work just fine

If you really want it done professionally you will be looking at $500-1000 in parts and installation costs

If there is some overlap in the sheetmetal, a good bead of quality body-panel adhesive will work just fine

We've used sheet metal and Liquid Nails! Got that idea from the UPS guy, who has a '94 that's disintegrating. He had the floor pans and the rockers done at a local body shop-excellent work from this place-and the rust was back in two years. But, now there's some beef to hang the patches from. Use the adhesive that bonds metal, and it should be OK.

I wouldn't do the glue and screw if there's too much rust over the frame rails, though. You want some good beef there. But for other areas, adhesive should be fine.

Anyone using zinc block as a sacrificial anode?
I just installed this with using a hunk of zinc from the pool supply store.
My Jeep is a 99 but I'd like to prevent this... inevitability.

Anyone using zinc block as a sacrificial anode?
I just installed this with using a hunk of zinc from the pool supply store.
My Jeep is a 99 but I'd like to prevent this... inevitability.

I've done an anadode bath before on smaller parts but nothing big. Are you saying apply it to the whole Jeep? How?

Last edited:
I believe what he is talking about is something I saw on dirty jobs a while back. They used blocks of zinc attached to a channel separator in a river so the zinc would be eaten away instead of everything else rusting out.

Back