• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need RE track bar help???

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 2dr xj that has a rubicon express 5.5" short arm superflex kit. the kit has a bunch of miles on it but all the bushings and leafs are replaced. the parts were on my 96 xj before this one and it always drove great.

The issue is this... The track bar has always seemed a little too short and the truck has never been centered. I don't feel safe leaving any less threads in the track bar. The drivers side wheel sticks out 1" or so more, and in the rain sprays WAY more water out the fender. I had called RE a couple times and all seemed right with the parts being the right ones. but i kept saying the top female ball joint piece should be longer and think they did make one. I am now noticing that when i am flexing - the track bar bracket and something else is hitting the front driver spring. i also cant run a sway bar b/c my tie rod hits it and knocks it off the disconnect.
I would just like to hear what you all have to say?. With rubicon express out of business is it going to be hard to get parts?

there is a good 2.5"-3" of threads on that end at LEAST. i run about the same anount of lift on the same track bar, assuming its the HD unit, and i never worried about thread engagement. have you completely removed the flex joint end and seen how many threads there really are?

i have and i think i have 3/4" in there. it doesn't make sense to me. how long is yours? how much threads are showing. Like i said my front end is not centered and if i only had a longer track bar it seems it would work. this was the case on both trucks i had this lift on. I think i need at least 1"

hmmm, i am not sure how much is sticking out, but its a good 1.5"-2" heres a pic for reference

001.jpg

so its the threads + the thickness of the jam nut that are out of the end. not sure how much more yours sticks out

Back