• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bought 1st XJ

alever

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, I'm finishing up working on the xj I just bought so that it passes inspection. The last thing I would like to do is to get new wheels and tires for the jeep. The tires on there now are crappy dayton timberlines and the stock steel wheels. I am planning on keeping the jeep stock, not going to be any lift on it. My question is mainly about aftermarket wheels that will fit properly. I have searched around the forums about the Cragar V5's, but it seems most have them on bigger tires. The tires I would like to get are the Goodyear Wranglers that came stock on most jeeps when they were new. I'm not sure what the stock tire size is, but I want to get these Cragar V5's from Summit:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3655812/

I know the bolt pattern works, but will this wheel fit on stock sized tires without any major issues? Thanks for the help, I'm still new to this. :cool:

the cragar v5s you want will be a 15x7in with a 5x4.5in bolt pattern. someone here can chime in on the stock backspacing, i am unsure.

to fill up the wheel well nicely and not rub, get some 235/75/15s

Are you talking about the tires that came on Wranglers or what? There's been a few different kinds...

The MTRs are for a 16" rim(245/75/16) the Wrangler GS A (i believe) were a 30" tire on a 15" rim.

Are you talking about the tires that came on Wranglers or what? There's been a few different kinds...

The MTRs are for a 16" rim(245/75/16) the Wrangler GS A (i believe) were a 30" tire on a 15" rim.

No, goodyear wranglers tires. So none of the cragars will fit with a stock tire setup? I'm not too concerned if they stick out past the flares a bit.

the cragar v5s you want will be a 15x7in with a 5x4.5in bolt pattern. someone here can chime in on the stock backspacing, i am unsure.

to fill up the wheel well nicely and not rub, get some 235/75/15s

Thanks, I believe the V5's can be bought with the 15x7in. pattern. Just not sure on the best backspacing? 3.75" or what?

The 3.75" BS will be fine, not stock BS but will work fine. The stock GY wranglers are POS' don't waste your time. Small list of tires to look for.
Bridgestone Dueler AT
Yokohama geolander AT-S
Falken Rocky Mountain ATS/Wildpeak AT (They're pretty much identical.)
Firestone Destination AT

The 3.75" BS will be fine, not stock BS but will work fine. The stock GY wranglers are POS' don't waste your time. Small list of tires to look for.
Bridgestone Dueler AT
Yokohama geolander AT-S
Falken Rocky Mountain ATS/Wildpeak AT (They're pretty much identical.)
Firestone Destination AT

Thanks for the help! For now I think I'm just going to purchase the wheels and worry about tires when I need new ones. Just haven't heard a lot of good things about daytons, and my dad has GY wranglers on his explorer, but I guess others don't like them?

I had 30x9.5's on my stock jeep and it looked sweet. For 30x9.5 I would get Cooper Discoverer ST's or for 235/75/15's I would get Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.

Back