• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

you guys are gonna hate me. Gear ?'s

shhuskins

NAXJA Forum User
I really have looked but I still have some questions. The jeep in question is a 1996 Cherokee. I believe it is an 8.25 It's going to be a strict trail truck as of now the plans are a 4-4.5" Lift and I want to run 33's. Is 4.56 what I'm lookin for?? If I buy A ring and pinion do I have to get a new carrier and swap everything into it?? This is a cheap as I can do it build so where canI get them cheap?

4.56 is ok, 8.25 no carrier needed and dana 30 ull need a new carrier

Trail only or daily driver I would say the same thing, do 4.56 or 4.88. I daily drive and have 33" tires and 4.56 gears and I really wish I went 4.88. If it was wheeling only, I wish I could go deeper than 4.88.

Trail only or daily driver I would say the same thing, do 4.56 or 4.88. I daily drive and have 33" tires and 4.56 gears and I really wish I went 4.88. If it was wheeling only, I wish I could go deeper than 4.88.

Same here. Go 4.88.

JIM.

Back