• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

G2 Disc Brake Conversion

I'm putting the kit on right now and am running into the same question. If I figure it out, I'll let you know - although you probably already figured it out by now...

Lol hopefully he figured it out, or he hasn't had a parking brake for almost 3 1/2 years lol......

:)

It's never too late to add one!

A cheaper option than the G2 conversion.
I did a rear disc conversion on my 98 XJ. Pulled the mounting plates off a 98ZJ Purchased 98ZJ Calipers, Rotors, and Pads. Install was rather easy. I love having rear discs on my XJ

The only thing you need to mod is the emergency brake connection.
Some claim to have had to drill/ open the bolt holes on the ZJ plate but fit my XJ just fine.

I did the G2 conversion, never hooked up the parking brake. I've seen instructions for someone that used the stock cables and curled them around the G2 parking brake lever. Never got around to it though.

I don't know about the G2 conversion, but I did the ZJ swap on my 96 and had custom cables made for it by Bruin brake cables. The part number i had made is 97212, and they're longer than stock to accomodate lifted trucks (wanted to be able to flex+6.5" of lift).

Hopefully this helps you guys out. For '97 and newer cherokees, you'll need unequal lengths so maybe if you measure what you need you can get custom cables done up.

Morris 4x4 makes cables, although some have been less than happy with quality lately.
However they do make cherokee specific disc brake conversion parking brake cables.

I prefer the simple adapt what you got method but I know some dont want to mess with the factory cables...

Back