• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 Inch Lift Axle off Center

Branmuff09

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone, i just installed a 2" lift on my 96 xj. I noticed today that my axle is just slightly off center towards the drivers side. I know i could fix it with an adjustable track bar or go cheapo and just drill another hole in the track bar after getting it lined back up and just rebolt it in the new position, but my funds really need to go towards tires and i'd rather not do any drilling (just my preference). I was just wondering in your opinions if i could leave it like that for a while as long as everything is aligned properly in the steering. i realize it could possibly rub more easily on the passengers side if the wheel was banked but other than that i was just wondering if anyone can see serious problems coming from this? I was told by a mechanic that i wouldnt really have to do anything as long as i keep everything aligned i was just wondering your opinons.

Thank you.

Other than looking goofy and possibly rubbing stuff more on the passenger side, it probably won't damage anything.

Alright thank you! Yeah i agree it does look a little rediculous but its so slight you have to really inspect both sides to notice the difference so it doesnt bug me THAT much.

Look around, there are some people selling used/good condition trackbars for decent prices.
When I installed my lift spring I had the stock bar in the stock hole and it rode alright, then I picked up a used RE1600 with modded bracket.

i have a rough country 4.5" lift on mine and they call for re-drilling the track bar mount and mines centered now...but yeah if you dont like drilling you cant really do anything besides make an adjustable or cut it and re-weld it if your good at fab.

Back