• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 D30 Hub into 92, now brakes locked?

Sandbar

NAXJA Forum User
Parts swapped without doing my homework. Cousin had an 89 headed for the scrapyard with good D30 front hubs, both on my 92 were shot. Pulled his, noticed they were shaped a bit differently but fit right into place. Bolted everything up, and now it seems the brakes are locked tight. Will move barely in low range. Are 89 hub bearings not compatible with 92, or should I check something else? Thanks!

they are not deep enough. have a look. bet your rotor is pressed against your knuckle. you can use them. just need the rotors too

Hard to find info on the compatibility of the hubs, but I have noticed 91-96 assemblies are grouped together for new ones. Should I trash the donor hubs and get new for the 92, or would stealing his 89 rotors fix the issue?

ya, NP. the 86-89 knuckles are different than those of the 90+ IIRC. so there may be an issue there. but i think just swapping the rotors too should do the trick

You'l not have any problems. I've had a bastardized D30 that went many miles with a mixture of HO and renix brake parts. Just rememebr that the rotors must match the unit bearings and you'll have no issues.

Back