• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brakes Squealing

warthog98

NAXJA Forum User
I have always had a brake squeal problem and can never find the culprit. It squeals from about 25 mph to complete stop. I put new pads rotors and calipers on it to begin with. Squealed! Then new pads again, Squealed! Then grease and disk brake quiet on every contact point, I mean i have greased everything besides the surface in between the pad and rotor, Still Squealed! Then i had the rotors turned. Squealed! Then i upgraded again to ceramic non squeal pads, Still Squealing!

Question today is could i have possibly bought two bad rotors? When i had the rotors turned, it went away for a couple stops. Then back to full force.

Also could bad wheel bearings be the cause?

Things that may help your thinking:

I got stuck one day in water and sand and the squealing went away for a couple days.
Its just coming from the front
I adjusted the rear bc i thought the front brakes might have been doing all the work to stop the jeep. Still Squeal.

I'm up for anything, Maybe theres a trick out there like if you change your dome light, the brakes will stop squealing, lol.

Thanks

Try searching for brake pad burnishing or bedding-in. Not necessarily on NAXJA, Google would probably bring up more information. Might help your squealing problem. It helped mine.

Try searching for brake pad burnishing or bedding-in. Not necessarily on NAXJA, Google would probably bring up more information. Might help your squealing problem. It helped mine.

Yeah i bedded them in every time i put new pads on, Thats why i had the rotors turned, bc i thought i might have glazed them over

Did you put some neverseeze between the rotor and hub? Or grease the slides inside the ribber boots (don't remember what they are called)? Those are the only things I grease and as long as I buy good quality pads they don't squeek.

i am on my 3rd set of pads and up to the high dollar ceramic no squeal pads.

I haven't tried greasing the contact point between the rotor and hub. Will do that next time they are off. Which wont be long.

So does everyone think the wheel bearings are out of the question?

Back