• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE vs RC leafs?

91to99

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i am looking for 3.5 in of lift and i have shackle relocation brackets installed. I have the option between the 2 full leaf packs at a decent price new.
Which one rides better for a mostly DD xj?

Thanks

My RC leafs sagged within months from 3" to about 1-1.5. Plus RC leafs are not military wrap which I believe RE are. No brainer.
Ride will probably have more to do with shackle angle and shocks than the springs themselves.

My 4.5" RC springs sit level...but I have a 1.5" rear shackle so I'd say that they probably sagged a bit!

The springs are also short so they give a pretty nasty shackle angle. I'd try out RE.

FYI I was looking at buying an RE lift kit and apparently the company is reorganizing. If you check their webasite youll see what I mean. Personally Id wait till they finish reorganizing before buying an RE product at this point or buy a dif brand.

go with IRO. i was not happy with my RE 3.5" springs. they sagged unevenly, fanned out, and sat at less than 3.5" after less than 2 years. good luck getting them anyway

I've got the RC 4" packs and hate them! Distroyed one set of bushings in about 4 mo. and been riding around on the replacements for about 8 mo. ROUGH country leafs are just that. Rough for a DD IMO.

x2 They are ROUGH. I hate my RC springs.

Go with OME 2" or 3" leaf springs and get a extended shackle so you get full range of motion in the shackle. If you plan to use stock shackles then you will have limited shackle angles due to them being too short for relocation brackets. Ask me how I know.

old rough country springs suck, i cant speak for the new ones

new re springs suck (since they started getting them from india which was probably about 8-10 years ago)

I guess I should have came on the forum earlier today. You all have me worried now. During lunch I just ordered my full 3" lift from RC which includes their 3.5" rear lift springs. I have a friend that had run the 3" lift kit with AAL on two of his XJs and he was really happy with them.

my RC 4.5 leafs never had a sagging problem, but i did notice a slight tear in the bushing after just a few months..

I also hear RE has had multiple bushing problems.. so stacked side by side, i think i would vote for the cheaper option, especially considering the warranty setup.. how is RE warranting things.. ?

My RE 3.5" springs have not sagged significantly and don't ride too badly now that I have OME shocks. They are a bit short, and the shackle angle is basically 90%. Plan is for relocation of shackle mounts soon to get good angle, better ride, and a little hight. Been running them for 4 years and @ 80,000 miles now.

Not too big a fan of my RE leafs. I plan on finding some used Deavers. scottmcneal seems pretty happy with his RC lift.

I thought it was established that IRO springs are Rough Country springs, is this not so?

Absolutely not, does this look like a Rough Country spring?

165541_477851016228_727056228_5937844_1683864_n.jpg

165541_477850971228_727056228_5937843_7014567_n.jpg

164022_477852121228_727056228_5937854_334900_n.jpg

Rough Country doesn't make springs like that!!! Those are the IRO 3.5in springs. Military Wrap, bolted on spring clamps, teflon sliders between leafs, clevite bushings, berlin eye on the opposite side of the mil wrap.

Personally i like my RE 3.5in springs they ride and the flex is great and they haven't sagged much at all, The back of my jeep still sits a about 1-1.5 in higher then the front.

Personally i like my RE 3.5in springs they ride and the flex is great and they haven't sagged much at all, The back of my jeep still sits a about 1-1.5 in higher then the front.

your not alone, my old school re 3.5's ride great at spead (within reason), ive allways found that 95% of the info about re leafs has yet to apply to mine (bought em used about 4-5 years ago, been running them hard ever sinse, full caged rig, full of work tools in the back.

Back