• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

V2 Fender Flares for folded rear quarter panel

jdougn

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Here's a Napier Precision Products exclusive!!
V2 Heavy Duty Fender Flares for Jeep Cherokee XJ with Folded Rear Quarter Panel

We now have fender flares designed for the popular folded rear quarter panel modification! The first release fits the Jeep Cherokee XJ, 97-01, 4 Door. More versions will be coming along in the next few months.

IMAG0167.jpg

More pictures of the new fender flares are here:
Folded Rear Quarter Panel

Here's what we did to make them tougher and better:
  • The rear fender flare is shorter. Designed to perfectly fit most 97-01, 4 door XJs with the rear quarter panel folded.
  • Around 30% THICKER than other products. Makes them super tough. I can park my Jeep on them!
  • Extend out around 3.25". Lines up great with most 10.5" - 12.5" wide tire setups. Less likely to smash into obstacles.
  • Cut out fender flares. Increases the opening dimensions of the wheel well. (Requires removing a lot of sheet metal.) Bigger opening allows for larger tires, more articulation, and is tough looking.
  • Blends with the look of the Jeep Cherokee much better. These fender flares even look like they were made just for the Jeep Cherokee XJ!
  • Paintable. Paint to your favorite color or they can be left plain. Either way, the rigid ABS plastic is easy to take care of!
  • Helps keep you street legal

Get more information on our website:
http://www.napierprecisionproducts.com

Do you have to cut out the rear pinch seam completely?

It's way too wet in my area to have an open body like that.

Ah, I should have been more clear. Mine isn't cut and folded, nor do I plan on it. My bumper has side plates, so the cut n fold flares work better for me.

I was speaking of the actual fender trimming, specifically at the front of the fender, near the door. You have to trim a ton.

There's a great online Installation write up with some video installing the V2 Fender Flares at BC4x4.com. Shows the entire process with plenty of picts too.
Go to the "Tech" section look for "Project Vehicles". Project XJ is currently at the top of the list!!
BC4x4.Com Project XJ

You can also see the OR FAB ROCK SLIDER BUMPER that's been installed on the Project XJ. Works great with the Napier Precision Products V2 Fender Flares!!

orf-018.jpg

Ah, I should have been more clear. Mine isn't cut and folded, nor do I plan on it. My bumper has side plates, so the cut n fold flares work better for me.

I was speaking of the actual fender trimming, specifically at the front of the fender, near the door. You have to trim a ton.

These fender flares maximize tire size and clearance. It is necessary to trim out as much as possible, especially around the rear wheel well. The usual method is to 'cut and fold'. Slice the sheet metal past the spot welds then fold the tabs back up into the wheel well. Check out the article and video in the previous post for an excellent visual answer to your question!

Thanks,
Doug

Yeah, Im familiar with the cut n fold method.
I see that you just fold the pinch seam a bit more than normal for these.

I'd love to see more detailed pics of the cut n fold flares.

Yeah, that's Jake's write-up on his quarter fold modification. Seems to do a really good job showing how to do it on his XJ. He did the prototype fitting and testing for the quarter fold fender flares! Great guy to work with and does some insane stuff in his XJ!!
Here's some photobucket picts of Jake's XJ with the quarter fold flares installed:
V2 Quarter Fold fender flares
And, here's an album of Jake's XJ from a recent trip:
Jake's XJ

Doug

Last edited:
Would it be possible to get some hi-res photos? :edit: never mind. just checked out the jeepforum thread.

BTW, do you have plans to make a "smooth" look flare like the Iceland Offroad flares? I love the quality construction and design of your flairs but I'm not a fan of the "bushwacker" look. The Iceland flares are a joke.

:)

Last edited:
Would it be possible to get some hi-res photos? :edit: never mind. just checked out the jeepforum thread.

BTW, do you have plans to make a "smooth" look flare like the Iceland Offroad flares? I love the quality construction and design of your flairs but I'm not a fan of the "bushwacker" look. The Iceland flares are a joke.

:)
Glad you found the photos you were looking for.
Don't have fender flares without bolt pockets showing across the top for now. However, it is a very interesting idea! Certainly something to for us to think about for furture possibilites. Thanks,
Doug

I'm interested in a set before summer. Other things are priority right now, because money is tight. They really look awesome though.

Keep up the good work.

I would love to see "smooth" style ones designed to be held on with bulldog clips or similar also.

I won't lead you on though, I am way too short on cash right now to spend that much on fender flares. If I hit the lottery I'd buy a set of these WAY before I would buy a set of bushcrackers.

why do you say the Icelands are a joke? I hope not, I have a set on the way....

Hey, Not really any "problems". Developing the pre-97 fender flares is just time intensive and time is at a premium since we still have to keep up with demand for the V2 Fender Flares for the 97-01!

But you do have the time to create a fender flare for the 97+ folded rear quarter XJ. Seriously, It's been since the last years I'm waiting to see a set for the 96- XJ. I've PMed you and sent post several time and you alway give us the same answer ... wait wait and wait.

Give us some information about when they should come out or I'm just going to buy a set from another company.

Last edited:
Back