• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

April fools Evans Run

jonesinxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

With the long awaited opening of Evans Creek on April 1st. I wanted to get a run together on April 2nd or 3rd out at walker.

I have never been out to Evans, but Ive heard its not for every rig. So with stating that there should be some minimum requirements

33's or bigger
Front and Rear tow points
Full size spare
tow strap with no hooks

For the guys who have run Evans, let me know if the requirements are too stiff.

Hope to see ya on the trail

I plan on making this. I can go either day but would prefer the 2nd so I have an extra day to limp my rig North just in case.

FWIW... this is not a haha prank. This is a honest to god run.

Is this run fow walker oe evens? Ither way I'm in

those requirements sound "OK". usually this time of year we try to require atleast one locker because of how wet it gets up there. i will try to make it. that weekend is going to be crazy at evans. i should have my jeep running and wanted to test it out at evans anyways so this might be the perfect time. if you need someone to lead the group i can or maybe some of the local guys (tim-cherokeefever, Joe-josefxj, the tilted wheelin guys, etc..)

those requirements sound "OK". usually this time of year we try to require atleast one locker because of how wet it gets up there. i will try to make it. that weekend is going to be crazy at evans. i should have my jeep running and wanted to test it out at evans anyways so this might be the perfect time. if you need someone to lead the group i can or maybe some of the local guys (tim-cherokeefever, Joe-josefxj, the tilted wheelin guys, etc..)

Good to know Branden! So far the guys that have responded all have at least 1 locker. I look forward to seeing you and hopefully Joe, Tim and se other guys on the trail!

so are we doing it on the 2nd or 3rd?

i just need shocks and renew my tabs then im good to go for this trip.

i would shoot for the 2nd eventhough it will be the busier of the two days. wheeling on a sunday is bad joojoo. been broke or stuck too many times..

i want to go on this run really bad, but probably wont be able to. My wife and I are expecting our first kid any day now

i want to go on this run really bad, but probably wont be able to. My wife and I are expecting our first kid any day now

I know exactly what you are going thru as I went throught this last year! Congrats to you and your Wife!!!!!

I hope that I can now make this run. The wife just told me she has to work that Saturday, and I cant justify spending 60 dollars on a baby sitter, to go wheelin all day:smsoap::smsoap::smsoap:

he has 2 one of wich isnt old enough to go

I've been wheelin since I could fit in a car seat lol

I have no problem taking the little one, but when you have to change diapers, stop for feeding, nap time, focus on what the rig is doing, trails, etc etc... and you are a ways from home, the trip is a no go

Ok so the jeep is ready just need a new o2 sensor and I'm good. Its about a 90 percent chance I am going.

Just a heads up there is a lot of snow at evans right now so snow wheelin experience is strongly suggested which then leads me to encourage a locker requirement

Back