• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick '99 Interior Question

According to my copy of The Jeep Book 1999, yes. It says "Highland Grain leather trim. Standard on Limited. Shown in Camel, also available in Agate." Funny though that all three pictures of the leather interior used in the brochure are in Camel. I've never seen one either so I can't confirm their existence for you.

Sounds like finding the '99 Limited interior door panels in agate is going to be a very difficult task! It's hard enough finding any Limiteds to pull parts from.

Sounds like finding the '99 Limited interior door panels in agate is going to be a very difficult task! It's hard enough finding any Limiteds to pull parts from.

You can use 99-01 agate door panels, not just 99.

And FYI 00 and 01 did come with agate leather and heated seats.

Never knew the XJ had an Orvis edition. What do the seats look like? pic?

Like this:
orvis-11.jpg

Looks like that picture was flip-flopped to make it a LHD.

what exactly is the agate interior?

anyone have any pictures of this

I have the heated leather seats also. Supposed to be a rare setup.

I'd say so. I've never seen a XJ with leather AND heated seats in person. I was close with my '98 Limited, just didn't have heat.

It's too bad there isn't a better aftermarket support for seats in the XJ. Well at least that wouldn't be stupid expensive. I've overly anal about it too, I have to have a matching rear seat and I'm not aware of anyone that makes a rear XJ seat so it's paying to have it recoverd or fitting the rear grand cherokee seat. Pickings have been slim in the local junkyards for grand cherokee seats that haven't been totally destroyed.

Looks like it's finding the rarest of XJ's (for me anyway, '99XJ full options) in the JY or go with Grand Cherokee seats.

Last edited:
Back