• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pilot bushing #PN, anyone got it?

tsgtbob

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I just spend the last hour and a half searching for this, can't find any reference to it.

I've got an 87 XJ, 4.0, AX15 (swapped out of a 90 YJ) 231T case, D-44 rear axle, factory tow package.

Last weekend, the 3-4 shift fork broke, and well, while it's out I was going to fix a few annoying issues, like a slave cylinder/throwout bearing that was howling, a few leaky seals, and rebuild the tranny. While I was in there, I found the pilot bushing that holds the bearing was worn egg shaped and needs replaced.

Anyone got the part number for the bronze bushing that holds the needle bearing bushing on this?

With a change over you need to take measurements, then head for NAPA or a quality independent parts store--avoid the "chain" stores, if it doesn't pop up on the computer screen the counter monkey will freak out--some of the CJ bearings are a fit.

Back