• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Charge Sensor (IAT, MAT) Renix vs HO

WebDog

NAXJA Forum User
I just got done swapping blocks and after replacing my O2 and a few other sensors and vacuum lines I still think the Air Charge Sensor could be replaced, But I cant find them for renix anymore...

Anyone know if you can run the HO air charge sensor on the renix system? I know the connector is different but at least the sensor is available in stores.

Oh I was able to get the Borg Warner part # of WT5502 for the one out of my jeep but it was discontinued. Numbers on my sensor are 2392 323001 919

Last edited:
I tried the HO MAT in my RENIX, doesn't work but I knew that before I tried it. Like stated, the two sensors have a different range.

I believe NAPA still carries the RENIX MAT

I cant find the sensor at all in Napa, AZ, kragen. starting to piss me off.

They all stock the Renix, the problem is you are asking for the wrong part, using the wrong name. I had the same problem, till I figured that out.

IAT= Intake Air temperature sensor
MAT= Manifold Air Temperature sensor

Or IAT=Intake Air Temp sensor

Try those names instead! or just sensor or temperature

Edit: I just searched online as well, and no one lists it under any of the name veriations that I can see. I last bought one at Autozone using their in store computer and my search using the terms above to find it. The store people could not find it on the system, but I did find it (they let me use their computer) and they had it. But that was 3-4 years ago.

Sometimes they use stock photos online that are wrong. I suggest calling and have a clerk pull the 87-90 sensor part by number and ask them if it has a pigtail or not!

You can go down to your local NAPA and ask to flip through their catalogs. If you can find the right resistance curve on another sensor, you might be able to adapt it.

I had to go through a similar process with temperature switch for my electric fan setup. Pain in the ass but you gotta do grunt work sometimes

Back