• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33 12.50 bfg t/a ko?

blue83

NAXJA Forum User
33 12.50 15- do i need 15x8 or 15x10 wheels for these tires???and what amount of backspacing will i need to keep them out of the control arms and sway bar..my swampers are killing my front end...:doh:
one more thing ,anybody know a place with good pricing.best i can find is 173 each..i live by st. louis

do you think i will be able to shove those under a 3" rough country lift,even if just temporary highway use only till i can get it up lil' higher....i got 31 11.50 swamper lbt on it right now.

15x8 will hold the bead better when airing down. You will rub your fenders when you turn.. probly a decent amount but with 33s and any amount of lift (2"- 6.5+" it doesnt matter) you will have to trim so thats just a little fyi for you. Once there is any tire movement itl travel the same path and end up at the same spot.

Why no km2? i just got a set on mine and there amazingly quiet, hoping to get at least 50k out of them. My last set of kms had probly 60k on them when i sold them so i was super happy. BFG make awesome tires

thanx alot..like i said before,i got these swampers on right now and they are on stock wheels so hopefully when i get these new wheels and tires they will ride better and not rub as much...planning on throwing on a budget lift on top of what i got already...plus trim the front fender and build my tube bumper"front"...i just didn't know if 10" rims would work better or not.its a daily driver too......:repair:

good luck getting 33's to sit under a 3" lift out back, ive barely got room at (3.5 advertised, 4.5 actual), fully trimmed and folded to the pinch seam.

OBVIOUSLY, bumpstops are a must... i run 3.5" extensions out back.

the stated rule of thumb is roughly 4" NARROWER wheels than tires, they gotta bulge out to keep your rims outta the rocks, as well as prevent beads coming off.

good luck getting 33's to sit under a 3" lift out back, ive barely got room at (3.5 advertised, 4.5 actual), fully trimmed and folded to the pinch seam.

OBVIOUSLY, bumpstops are a must... i run 3.5" extensions out back.

the stated rule of thumb is roughly 4" NARROWER wheels than tires, they gotta bulge out to keep your rims outta the rocks, as well as prevent beads coming off.

what if i add 2.25 spacers up front and shackel or block the rear????

in the front, i think you can get away with trimming.
its out back thats the problem.
if your 3" is ACTUALLY 3", adding a shackle for .75 or 1.5" lift will probably make it work, you just have to limit uptravel, and theres not much empty space in the wheel well.

COOL..i got to get this figured out before i order the tires.i don't feel like listening to the ol' lady griping bout my xj if i have to sit on the brand new wheels and tires for a while before they can go on!!!:twak:

what bout drive line issues???any with going higher than 3 inches...gotta know every thing i am getting into if i go up from 3" to 5".is my drive shaft gonna fall out going down the road or slightly off camber???

Last edited:
Back