• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduction/Walker run

SHANE87

NAXJA Forum User
Hello my name is Shane and I live in Anacortes W.A.
I have a 93 cherokee, it's was an old police vehical.
My XJ is lifted 3inches and has 31inch bfg mudterrains.
I will get some pictures on here soon.

I am going out to walker on sunday March 6th if
anyone would like to go I will be meeting up at the
safeway gas staition on colege way in mount vernon.
I will be there from 11-11:30

The mods are going to move this to a different location. Planning and events. I will be there if I have the Heep up and going by then. I am going to suggest that you have limited slip or a locker at minimum. I would also suggest that you have front and rear tow points.

welcome to the xj world. id wait till the snow goes away. i just came from walker with 4 other rigs with 33+ tires and locked front and rear. had a hard time making it up main line lol. id go the 6th but thats when im going to a friends house to build custom guards and fender flairs

Welcome Shane!!!

Would love to do a walker run that day, but heading out of town for work. As been stated the snow made walker unpassable today unless you were not afraid of a little throttle work. I had to flog mine more than once to get up the easiest parts of the trail (when no snow is there) In the 6 hours that we were up there, we only made it about 2/3 upper main line.

I hope the snow melts by the time your trip.

The mods are going to move this to a different location. Planning and events. I will be there if I have the Heep up and going by then. I am going to suggest that you have limited slip or a locker at minimum. I would also suggest that you have front and rear tow points.

Sorry I started my thread in the in the wrong section and thanks to the mods for moving it to the correct section
Hope to see you out there on the 6th. Good luck with getting your rig going

Last edited:
welcome to the xj world. id wait till the snow goes away. i just came from walker with 4 other rigs with 33+ tires and locked front and rear. had a hard time making it up main line lol. id go the 6th but thats when im going to a friends house to build custom guards and fender flairs

Thankyou Bendiesel

Welcome Shane!!!

Would love to do a walker run that day, but heading out of town for work. As been stated the snow made walker unpassable today unless you were not afraid of a little throttle work. I had to flog mine more than once to get up the easiest parts of the trail (when no snow is there) In the 6 hours that we were up there, we only made it about 2/3 upper main line.

I hope the snow melts by the time your trip.

Thankyou Jonesinxj I think you invited me on you walker run over on
cherkeeforums sorry I wasn't able to make it out, but I would have
probably just slowed you guys down due to only having 31's
I am hopeing most of the snow melts by the 6th. Bummer you have
to work on sunday

Welcome. Walker is fun on 31s when its not too sloppy. I've just got a front locker and have made it through most of the trails on decent days. Prb. not going to make this Sunday, but I hope to see on the trails one of these days.

Thankyou 01whitexj

I agree walker is fun with 31's. I have made alot of walker trips moast of them in my old beat up
trooper with almost bald 31inch goodyear mtrs and open diffs and went pretty much any where
with no problems. Hope to meet you on a run one of these days.

Last edited:
I am just checking in to say I am still going to walker tomorro.
I hope atleast 1 or 2 people make it out. If any one decides
to go I will be at the safeway gas staiton on college way from
11 to 11:30

Back