• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil pac mod

coyotefong

NAXJA Forum User
2000 Cherokee, I-6 4.0L, AW-4

I just swaped an engine into my jeep (new to me engine is a I-6 4.0L maybe around "93"). Took out the distributer and added all the stuff from my old engine. I went to hock up my coil pac when I noticed the head of the new engine doesnt have the mounting holes for my coil pac.

Questions;
1. Is there a mod/write up to convert the plug wires from the new engine to be used with my coil pac?

2. Is there a way to mount my coil pac to the new engine so it doesnt move?

3. If those ideas dont work do I have to remove the head of the new engine and find one that will work with my coil pac.

I really dont want to have to get a new head for some mounting holes for my coil pac, so ideas are welcomed.

1. No
2. You have 2 options. Either make some small brackets that come off the valve cover bolts to hold the coil pack in place or change the head. I would go with option 1. Search over on Jeepforum.com, it's been done before.
3. See #2

Back