• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad news for me

Fullsizexj

NAXJA Forum User
Looks like I probably will not make it, got to looking at the trailer I was gonna borrow and I woud not trust it o tow across town let alone 6+ hours out of state. I have way to much to do and expense on mine to get it ready in time, plus my electric fans on the Buggy are not working, still gotta find out why with that. I am gonna see if I can find another trailer but it is hard to get one wide enough with fenders strong enough to drive over and I don't want to have to be fixing someone elses trailer also. I am still trying but odds are not looking good at this point. I only have 1 day off left before the trip and I just don't see getting everything worked out in time. I want to go ahead and donate my registration fees to the event even if I do not make it.

Looks like I probably will not make it,... I want to go ahead and donate my registration fees to the event even if I do not make it.

This stuff right here is what makes the MWC what it is! Sorry you can't make it.

that sucks. wanted to check out your rig. find some small donut tires and squeeze it in!

I don't think they make 1 ton 8 lug donut tires, there is always next time. I'm sure folks will hit Band lands some other time, mayby if my comp schedual does not conflict, I can get to one those runs

:(

I was hoping to meet and wheel with you.

What do you normally tow your comp buggy with?

mac 'has doughnut 8 lug tires' gyvr

I have a 16 dovetail car hauler that I had custom widened with drive over fender boxes, had a leaf break on it which bent the dovetail and took out an axle and 2 rims and tires, I have all new leafs for it and found a good axle but I still need to swap it all over and get 2rims and tires and fix the dovetail on it. If I had know about the trailer I was gonna borrow sooner, I would have to put some effort in fixing mine sooner. I was thinking I had till May to deal with mine.

I have a 16 dovetail car hauler that I had custom widened with drive over fender boxes, had a leaf break on it which bent the dovetail and took out an axle and 2 rims and tires, I have all new leafs for it and found a good axle but I still need to swap it all over and get 2rims and tires and fix the dovetail on it. If I had know about the trailer I was gonna borrow sooner, I would have to put some effort in fixing mine sooner. I was thinking I had till May to deal with mine.

Now you have til Wednesday.....See you there. Its not an option.

Hope you can make it Richard, I have always wanted to see your rig in person.

borrow trailer, cut 2x8's to match fenders, drive on edges of lumber. Problem solved.

it does suck you'll not be making it. I really need to get down to your neck of the woods to come wheeling sometime.

Trust me, If I could afford to fix all the stuff on the trailer right now, I would be out there working on it right now. I will make it up there sometime, just won't be this time. Here is the good news, since I have all this trip money still, I can go buy the stuff to fix the trailer and material I need to redo the buggy panels to prep it fot the comp season sooner now

Heh. You've pretty much nailed the reasons that I bought a brand new 18' flat deck trailer, 108" w/ drive over fenders. Bought it once, and really shouldn't have to do anything to it.

I had a leaf snap and it did alot of damage when it happened, thats the only reason I am having to fix stuff on it

Back