• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering pump

I would look into a barbed, possibly thread-in fitting. Would be tricky to do with it in the Jeep, but if you could drill it to the proper size, clean the hell out of it, you could probably JB weld a fitting in there and be just fine. Will take some creative thought to find just the right fitting, but I am sure there is something out there. A place like Rural King may be a good place to look.

I looked on RockAuto and didn't see one for the 2001. Check all the online shops, maybe you will get lucky.

I went to rockauto and found that the reservoirs are sold for certain years, only (see 1993).

I also had no luck going to the Dorman website too.

Does anybody know what are the differences between the years?

It's odd that many places sell the power steering pump w/o the reservoir - but do not
sell the reservoir only.

Conspiracy by the part manufacturers? ...or not?

The pumps and brackets changed at some point; I believe 95 and later is the break. The pumps without a reservoir are for the 4cyl; pumps with the reservoir are for the 4.0. According to the parts catalog, there is no separate listing for the reservoir for the later pump. Maybe someone in a dealership or parts can come up with something, but I've never seen anything for the late models.

Back