• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need the torque numbers for a hub assembly/unit bearing install

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
I'm replacing my unit bearing/hub assembly this weekend on both sides and I realized I don't know the torque ft lbs. numbers for the 3 bolts that hold the hub assembly on and the main hub nut. I am going to assume the 3 bolts are high and the main hub nut is REALLY high. My Haynes manual doesn't specify. Thanks in advance for the numbers.

IIRC, 75 ft/lbs for the hub bolts, and 150 ft/lbs for the axle nut.

3 hub bolts tight as can with 1/2" rachet, hub nut to 180

Awesome!!! Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Can anyone else verify the the main hub nut is actually 36mm? I plan to swing by the parts store after work today and pick up a few things and I would like to get the correct socket at the same time.

Can anyone else verify the the main hub nut is actually 36mm? I plan to swing by the parts store after work today and pick up a few things and I would like to get the correct socket at the same time.

Nevermind. Got my answer from the stealership. Definately 36mm.

ya get the socket... hard to check torque on channel locks :dunno:

advanced here had one on sale for $4. dunno if thats all of em tho...works good for me

lol. didnt even think about that... im used to sliding both handles in a pipe to get leverage so i wasnt worried lol....

I was just wondering how the heck you'd get channellock in there in the first place. :huh:
a3f94419.jpg

Maybe he's thinking of a non driven axle with tapered bearings like the front of an old F150 or the back of a POS PT Cruiser. Then you use channel locks.

Back