• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5" 33s with stock fenders relocated

Welcome to the adiction. Can't say I've ever gone that method because I haven't had anything but 96- xj's. When I had my last one i did the normal trim method in back of cutting the slits and then folding it over in the wheel wells along with the rear 1/4 cut and fold, for the fronts I just marked on the outside of the flares and cut along there. Doing that allowed me to run 4.5" lift with 34x10.50x15 LTB's and still flex it decently.

I dunno Im not reading all that, but I think you are just talking about moving the top of the flare to the crease in the body on the fender. Yeah I did, cut out what I wanted and joined two sock flares together to make up the length I move it up.

scan1150-1.jpg

great idea on joining two together. i hadnt thought of that. i hated how they looked moved up because they didnt match the body lines anymore at the lower fender. but now it seems like an easy fix

Don't get why you would need to join 2 together.

I trimmed and put the stock flares back on. In that write up he mentions something about cutting a bolt off at the bottom when you are trimming. I did this. There are two there and I just cut between them, no adverse effects. Also, I retained my stock fender lining, just trimmed it up and put it back in.

WP_000075.jpg

WP_000080.jpg

How would you join them?? Just bolt it on or what?

Plastic weld & a little filler. I didnt want to just move the stock flare up, because the bottom of it curls around under the rocker & you would have to cut it all off. Thats why on your jeep you see body under both ends of the flare.

Don't get why you would need to join 2 together.

I trimmed and put the stock flares back on. In that write up he mentions something about cutting a bolt off at the bottom when you are trimming. I did this. There are two there and I just cut between them, no adverse effects. Also, I retained my stock fender lining, just trimmed it up and put it back in.

This is the exact set-up I want. Is that a 4.5" lift? Any rubbing? Got any flex pics? and what's your wheel bs?

I'm planning on getting the 4.5"RC lift and 33" Km2s

Plastic weld & a little filler. I didnt want to just move the stock flare up, because the bottom of it curls around under the rocker & you would have to cut it all off. Thats why on your jeep you see body under both ends of the flare.

Figured filler and glue would look a little tacky? Meh ohwell.

I have a RE 3.5" superflex, 33x12.50 KM2's, 15x8 Cragar soft 8s with 4BS, IRO track bar(double sheer), and extended brake lines obviously. No flex pics yet, but I'm going out this weekend so I'll try to get ya some pics. No rubbing on fenders or anything, but for some reason my left tire rubs the LCA. It's not bad just don't crank it all the way left.

I was trying to choose between relocating stock flares and Rear TJ flares. I ended up going to with the rear tj flares all the way around for more tire coverage. if you do it right they look stock.

I have a RE 3.5" superflex, 33x12.50 KM2's, 15x8 Cragar soft 8s with 4BS, IRO track bar(double sheer), and extended brake lines obviously. No flex pics yet, but I'm going out this weekend so I'll try to get ya some pics. No rubbing on fenders or anything, but for some reason my left tire rubs the LCA. It's not bad just don't crank it all the way left.

3.5"??? You must be running spacers and shackles im guessing?

you can weld plastic same as metal(not jb weld), not booger glue it, unless your focking with me, but you see the pic...

3.5"??? You must be running spacers and shackles im guessing?

Yea RE is kinda known of under rating their kits. No spacers, but my shackles aren't stock. Found out they weren't stock when I took the back leafs off so idk what they are.

Here you can see the shackle
WP_000016.jpg

you obviously have spacers up front as well, unless you have removed them since that picture was taken. and that is an RE shackle that comes in the 4.5" kit.

you obviously have spacers up front as well, unless you have removed them since that picture was taken. and that is an RE shackle that comes in the 4.5" kit.

It's a pretty beefy shackle, has a zert for lubing it. I approve of it. I have no after market spacers on there. Took the old springs outs, extended bump stops, then re-installed springs.

You have pics?

DSC_6883.jpg

I cut just past the bend in the fender and used quick/speed nuts to mount
DSC_6910.jpg

DSC_6911.jpg

Rear is cut and fold, and I used nutserts to mount

not very good pics, those are wore 32" cooper stt. I just ordered new 33" coopers stt. I'll have wheeling pics after naxja winterfest

Back